Most people believe that the Nintendo Switch is a thing of the past now, but that’s not true, as millions of people are still using the Nintendo Switch to play games. Moreover, there are 100s of games that are just available on Nintendo Switch, and you can only play them using that console.
But people face a serious issue and that is in the connection center. People are unable to connect their Microsoft accounts with Nintendo Switch.
In case if you are also facing a similar problem then this post is for you. Here we are going to discuss the ways to connect Microsoft Account with Nintendo Switch.
What is a Nintendo Switch?
Nintendo Switch is a wireless gaming console with the help of which you can play games anywhere easily. With the help of this gaming console you don’t need any other attachments, you can fill as many games in the console as you want, and this will help you get an outstanding gaming experience.
With every passing year Nintendo Switch is getting updated, you notice more games, better graphical integrations, better screens, enhanced features, more control buttons, and many more.
Although a few people consider Nintendo Switch as an overpriced product, on the basis of the experience it offers and the games, we can consider it a worthwhile product.
Accounts & Nintendo Switch
You can connect Nintendo Switch with the official Nintendo account or if you are not having a Nintendo account then you get other options as well.
You can connect it with your Microsoft account also. Here in this coming section, we are going to talk about how to connect your Microsoft account with the Nintendo switch.
How to connect Microsoft Account with Nintendo Switch?
Let us have a look at the steps with the help of which you can connect your Microsoft account with the Nintendo Switch. Before that, you need to keep a few things which are Minecraft, a Nintendo Switch, a Microsoft account, and a PC or Phone.
1) Open Minecraft on your device. Click on the ‘Play’ button. If your screen shows the button in the bottom left that says ‘Sign in with a Microsoft Account you can click this button and skip to step 3.
2) Click on the ‘Find Cross-Platform Friends’ button. Cross-platform means that your account will be able to connect with accounts on other devices like PlayStations, Xbox’s, and Tablets!
3) Click the ‘Sign in for Free’ button. With the help of this button, you would be able to directly sign in to your account and that too for free.
4) You should see the screen below. Please remain on the screen while you follow the next steps until you’re done!
5) On your computer or phone, connect to this website -> https://login.live.com/oauth20_remoteconnect.srf with your unique login code. Make sure you use the code that was on your device, and not the one in the picture above!
6) Enter your Microsoft Account email address. If you do not have an account, click on the ‘Create One!’ button and skip to step 10.
7) Enter your password for your Microsoft Account.
8) You should see a new screen. Right after filling in your account password, the UI will take you to a new screen. If that is not happening then you should retry the password filling process. In some cases, you would have to go for a complete retry of the process.
9) After about a minute of connecting your Microsoft Account, you should see this screen below. Click on “Let’s Play” and you have successfully connected your device to your Microsoft Account!
10) Next to ‘No account?’ click on the ‘Create one!’ button. With the help of this you would be taken to a new section where you can create a new account.
11) Type in an email address. Make sure it’s one that you use and know the password to, as it will send you a confirmation email. Create a password.
12) You’ll receive an email with a confirmation code. If you don’t see it in a couple of minutes, check your junk folder. Enter that 4-digit code into the screen below.
13) You’ll be asked to solve a puzzle to prove you’re not a robot! Although most people are annoyed with this process but you should know that whenever you are dealing with Microsoft accounts it is a must-have process for you.
14) Enter the below information, and confirm if you’d like this account to stay logged in.
15) Enter in your Gamertag – you may want to ask your child what they would like to put here! Click ‘Let’s Play’. You’ve now created your Microsoft account!
16) After clicking the “Let’s Play” button above, you may see the screen below, and that’s okay! If you go back to step 1 you can follow the steps below
This was all about the steps with the help of which you can easily connect your Microsoft account with Nintendo Switch.
Although the process is a bit lengthy, but make sure that you are following all the steps precisely.
Benefits of connecting Microsoft account with Nintendo Switch
Let us have a look at the benefits of connecting your Microsoft account with a Nintendo Switch:
- Firstly if you have bought any games from your Microsoft account for your Nintendo Switch by connecting it you would be able to get access to that game.
- By connecting your Nintendo switch with your Microsoft account you would be able to build better privacy and safety.
- If you are not connecting your Nintendo switch to any such account then you would not be able to use your Nintendo switch. Hence by connecting it with your switch you can use it and play games in it.
Finding issues in connecting your Microsoft account with Nintendo Switch? If yes, then this post has everything you need to know about. This post has all the steps you should be following.