PST aka Personal Storage Table is a file format that is used by Microsoft Outlook to save its database. PST file stores emails, contacts, calendars, journals, and other objects. It implies that PST Data is accessible only through the Outlook configuration on the system where the file is saved. But sometimes users want to create a new Outlook Data file. At that time, they want to know How to create a PST file in Outlook 2016?.
So here we are describing to you the methods to perform the task manually.
Workarounds to Create New Outlook Data File
It is not a difficult task to create a new .pst file. You just need to execute the methods listed below as per your convenience.
Approach 1. Using New Items Options
- In Microsoft Outlook, Navigate to Inbox and then pick New Items > More Items > Outlook Data File.
- After that enter the file name you want.
- You can add a password by checking the Add Optional Password box.
- After that, select the OK button. And Enter the password in both the fields present there.
Note – If you are creating a New PST file with a password then you have to enter it any time the data file is opened.
Approach 2. Generating PST files with Account Settings
- In MS Outlook, press the file present on the menu bar.
- Navigate to Info Tab.
- Pick the Account Settings > Data Files. And Hit the Add Button.
- Now, enter the file name of your choice and select the type as Outlook Data File (.pst). Click ‘OK’.
Approach 3. Generating PST Files Via Exporting Function
- Navigate to File, press Open & Export, and Go to Import / Export.
- Press Export to a File option from the list.
- From the create a file option, choose Outlook Data file (.pst), and click Next.
- After that, select the Mailbox you want to save the file. Click Next.
- Get your backup file address and press finish.
- After that, enter a password and check the backup file password.
Note – To open the backup file, users are required to enter the password.
Is it possible to create a new Outlook data file from a corrupted PST file?
Outlook Data Files (.pst) are highly vulnerable to corruption, especially while they are very large. However, one can easily recover Outlook Data file (.pst) using tools like Outlook PST Recovery designed by MailConverterTools.
This article solves the issue “ How to Create PST File In Outlook 2016?”. Here we discuss the 3 best methods to create a new Outlook data file.