Privacy protection is one of the major concerns in the internet world, and we all know that Google keeps on improving its search engine and tactics to provide the best possible user experience to its users.
That’s the reason why Google introduced SSL certificates to websites. Still, there are a number of website owners who are not investing in this security update.
Here in this post, we are going to discuss everything about SSL certificates, their benefits, and why it’s mandatory to have an SSL certificate for your website.
Benefits of having an SSL certificate for your website:
1. Secure Website
Every connection is secured, and a random third party can’t access all the data transferred through it. Your visitors will trust your website more if they see a secure HTTPS connection. You don’t want your audience to come across the following message:
“This website is not secure.”
If they see this message, they will avoid your website in the future. Having an SSL Certificate can keep you safe from this embarrassment. The HTTPS shows your website has installed an SSL certificate. It helps you prevent security breaches and get secondary authentication in the shape of PKI. It helps to send information only to the receptive server. This way, the data won’t be accessible from other devices even if they share the same service.
This server is more of digital documentation. It verifies the following credentials:
● Certificate Holder
● Serial Number
● Expiry Date
● Signature of Authority
Since 2017, it has become imperative to install an SSL certificate as Google can possibly flag websites without this security measure.
As you improve the security of your website, you can encrypt the sensitive information changed between one device to another. This information can be anything from credit card details, to passwords or bank details.
When visiting a website, especially when submitting information or files through the server, the SSL makes sure that it’s the right website, and goes to the right server. SSLs act as proof that this is indeed your website and not some imitation. It will help you against phishing sites that are trying to exactly imitate your website’s design and look to obtain sensitive information.
4. Trustworthy Branding
Even if you don’t run an e-commerce store, you must have an SSL certificate. It helps your customers to trust you. If people don’t trust you, they won’t visit your site or buy stuff from you. SSL certificate is one of the factors that show clients you care about them.
The best thing about SSL certificates is they are affordable and easy to install. Once you install the certificate on your website, you will portray yourself as a professional and reputable brand that cares about its clientele.
5. SEO Boost
Does an SSL certificate help SEO? To reward you for installing an SSL certificate, Google might improve your search engine rankings. Yes, the benefits of SSL include SEO ranking parameters. Therefore, if you are having issues ranking your website, then you might want to install an SSL certificate.
6. Website Speed
It used to be a common misconception that an SSL certificate slows down your speed. We want to debunk this myth. Yes, HTTPS makes your site load faster instead of slowing it down. It improves your website’s performance, optimization, and marketing.
Buying an SSL certificate won’t cost you much. You are left with hundreds of options, and a lot of them are affordable. Hosting services offer SSL certificates at discounted prices, and you can choose from different brands and types.
You may also use a free SSL certificate for your website or blog like Let’s Encrypt or take help from your web hosting providers. In case you face any issues with your SSL certificate like err_ssl_version_interference error you can directly contact the service provider to get rid of the issues.
8. Easy to Install
You don’t have to be a technical guru to install an SSL certificate. You can install the certificate through most control panels with a few clicks, and some hosting companies offer 24/7 managed support that can install the certificate for you.
You can change the HTTP into HTTPS with the following steps:
● Buy an SSL certificate: You can easily buy an SSL certificate for your website from the hosting service provider. Not just that, there are a few websites that are specifically developed to buy SSL certificates, you can check out those websites too.
● Install the certificate, take precautions if you use a shared hosting service: Whenever you are installing the certificate make sure that you are following precise steps. From whichever website you are going to buy the SSL certificate for your website you will be offered complete information about how to install the certificate, make sure that you are following those steps precisely.
● Change every link from HTTP to HTTPS: This is an important step, as we have noticed that there are a number of website owners out there who will buy the SSL certificate for their website, but they will never make changes to their links. You don’t have to make the same mistake, always make sure that you change every HTTP link to HTTPS whenever you are adding an SSL certificate to your website.
● Redirect your traffic to the revised links to assure their safety: Right after making changes in your links from HTTP to HTTPS make sure that you are making changes in the redirection section too. In this way, you would be able to redirect your traffic to the HTTPS links rather than the older HTTP links.
● Update Analytic tools and Search Console for secure tracking: Make sure that you are updating your Google analytics and Google Search console settings where you are updating the latest links of your website.
SSL certificate is one of the most important factors that every website should have right now. Moreover, it has also become a factor for better google rankings. Here in this post, we discussed everything about how important and beneficial SSL certificates are for your website.